Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Unsettled Times

"Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order."
                                                                                            Virginia Woolf

In these unsettled times of Spring 2020, the creative power of making art and making a garden does indeed seem to bring a semblance of order to days, to weeks.  With few commitments and events to attend, I can instead leisurely work on my artists' books, some collage, assemblage, and my website.  Open ended time to garden---plant peppers and tomatoes, dead-head roses, keep the lettuces and tarragon watered.  I appreciate not feeling rushed or obliged to be somewhere.  To just be.

I've also been reading through the Letters and Diaries of Virginia Woolf for the years 1918---1920, trying to discover some of her thoughts, impressions of, and any experiences with the Spanish flu epidemic.  Still searching................


No comments :

Post a Comment